Chap Stick Conspiracy
Vaseline Lip Therapy
Lip Balm Drug Connection
Bonne Bell Lip Smackers
The Nightmare Never Ends
Web of Addiction
Is Lip Balm Addictive?
Ask Lip Balm Anonymous
12 Steps and Testimony
I "I Hate LBA"
History of LBA
Start Your Recovery Here
Many people have asked us how to start their recovery program. There are several methods out there some of which work better than others. You are encouraged to try the recovery program that works best for you. If you can do it without using the 12 steps, then more power to you!
Some people report that going cold turkey works. This method is easier said than done and surely has the highest failure rate. The idea is easy: just stop using. Of course, after a few hours your lips will start to want the balm again. Your options here are to start using again or live with the pain and agony. Drinking plenty of fluids and avoiding extremely dry or cold environments will help this process. Success with this plan can take a few days or even a few weeks.
Endorsed by many our of members, the weaning method is more time-intensive than the cold turkey method but it does have a much higher success rate. Basically, all you do is gradually cut down your balm usage until it is down to nothing. Let's say you're using 10 times a day. Cut back to five times a day for a few days. You'll be feeling the pain, but it won't be as bad as the cold turkey method. Then cut back one time a day for about a week. Pretty soon you're using once a day and after that it is easy to eliminate from your life. This process takes a couple weeks or so. This is the plan for those of you with problems acknowledging a higher power.
12 Step Program
This is the method we endorse, mainly because it has the lowest recidivism rate.
Lip Balm Anonymous encourages those seeking help to attend our meetings and speak with others in recovery. The close, personal, contact that our meetings provide allow people seeking recovery to internalize and see their problem for what it is.
Your recovery starts with the following steps:
If you would like to contribute your own story, please send email to email@example.com.
- If you have any doubts about the addictive qualities of lip balm, please read Is Lip Balm Addictive?.
- We often get questions about lip balm addiction and other issues. Ask Lip Balm Anonymous provides a forum for such questions. We'd love to hear from you.
- Take our self-evaluation to determine if you have a dependency problem and read the best and latest testimony from lip balm addicts on our Self Test and Testimony of Addiction page.
- Then read about our 12 steps and traditions and read the best and latest testimony of recovery on the 12 Steps and Recovery page.
- Some people just don't get it yet. Check out the Testimony from Lip Balm Dependents in Denial.
- Some people are beyond denial. They are so engrossed with their own lives that they lose perspective. Testimony from these folks resides on the "I Hate LBA" Page.
- Make sure to check out the complete Testimony Archive (108K) for many stories of recovery and addiction from around the world!
Last updated on February 2, 2000
Return to Top